While there are pros and cons with all vehicles, it is possible with patience, research and test-driving to find one that most fits a buyer’s perception of the “perfect” car. When it comes to the 2020 Kia Sedona, there are indeed mixed reviews. However, 73% of consumer reviews are positive. That is an impressive number. Since the competition in the minivan segment is sparse the Sedona is one of the few minivan choices.
The features that gain the most points with buyers are:
- Appearance: Feeling of being in a luxury vehicle, outside appearance appealing, and looks different/better than a typical minivan, and is bolder, beautiful interior leather seats
- Performance: Good 0 to 60 speed, smooth ride, very low g-force with turning like many other mini-van type vehicles
- Comfort: Three rows of seats, with plenty of leg/storage room, concise steering, perfectly placed shifter, temperature-controlled seats, smooth transmission that can barely be felt, a folding seat in the back row that allows for easy in and out, an electric sliding side door
- Reliability: Never having any issues of being stranded, starting or stalling
- Quality: Made with strong materials, buttons that don’t fade after use, an overall feeling of sturdiness inside and out, clear and intuitive computer system with accurate back-up camera
- Value: Feeling when driving and when looking at it, that it is a very expensive luxury car that only the very rich would drive–all for half of the cost
Even with all the positive points declared by a majority of its owners, there still remains that other 27% of consumers that had some buyer’s remorse.
The things most disliked by Kia Sedona buyers:
- Performance: The #1 complaint of all stated was the poor gas mileage, at times only 12MPG city-miles, especially in the summer when running the a/c, front window making noise when driving
- Value: Having a low resale value and being stuck with a vehicle they are unhappy with
- Comfort: No overhead storage for sunglasses or miscellaneous things, uncomfortable passenger seat, especially when leaning back
It appears that the positives may outweigh the negatives as far as consumer opinion goes, but let’s see what the experts have to say about their 4.3 rating regarding the 2020 Kia Sedona:
Strong build quality
Powerful standard V6 engine
Absent AWD option
Absent hybrid option
Collision-avoidance feature only for the upper trims
Less-than-average resale value
Although there seems to be a difference of opinion between the pros & cons of the buyers and those of the experts, it may be important to focus more on what those who’ve actually owned and driven a 2020 Kia Sedona long-term have said. There’s likely no better way to sum up the worth of an automobile than by listening to opinions that are time-tested and longevity-approved.